Insurance to protect your business and your guests
In the competitive hospitality business - which includes bed and breakfast, country inns, motels, hotels, resorts and spas - operators have a lot to think about in addition to insurance.
When you do consider your hospitality insurance requirements for your operation, you can protect your assets with specialized coverage from Aviva – and you can even customize this coverage based on your specific needs.
Aviva’s Prime Hospitality insurance package delivers comprehensive, all-in-one protection specific to the hospitality industry and we've conducted in-depth research to identify the special needs and potential risks facing the hospitality and lodging industry. When you have hospitality insurance from Aviva, you have coverage for:
- The personal property of your customers and employees
- Umbrella liability coverage
- Loss of income protection, for example, due to food or drink poisoning
Protect your business from the devastating effects of accidents, property damage or legal action. Enjoy peace of mind with commercial property or liability insurance from Aviva and be prepared for the unexpected with:
- Property insurance: to protect your physical assets such as building, stock, equipment and computers, including equipment removed from your premises (e.g. at a client’s business, temporarily in transit). It includes standard coverage for loss due to fire, theft or vandalism and covers the cost to rebuild or repair business property.
- Commercial general liability insurance: to protect your business if you’re found legally liable for injuries or property damage caused by your employees, completed work or accidents on your premises involving visitors or customers.
Today, most businesses use some form of electrical, electronic, mechanical or pressure equipment. Think about the impact on your business if your air conditioner, heating system or even your computer were to break down. With equipment breakdown coverage from Aviva, your business avoids the risk of absorbing the full impact of costly repairs.
Equipment breakdown coverage is as part of a money-saving package or on its own. Talk to your broker about how equipment breakdown coverage can protect your business.
From picking up guests to bringing in food supplies, you rely on your commercial vehicles every day. Make sure they’re covered properly with commercial auto insurance from Aviva. Whether you need protection for a single vehicle or a corporate fleet, you get the customized coverage you need for your business.
Privacy breaches can impact businesses of all sizes in the hospitality and lodging industry. If your property’s sensitive, protected or confidential data is intentionally or unintentionally released, lost or exposed, you may have to spend significant time and money resolving the situation and restoring your credibility and reputation.
Consider what you would do in the event of a privacy breach impacting:
- Sensitive business and customer data: There’s a risk that employees could misuse, steal, or practice poor behavior when it comes to the protection of data. Any data retained to transact your daily business – such as credit card or a client’s personal information – is vulnerable to being hacked and stolen by outsiders.
- Credit card data: Credit card information is governed by the industry’s strict data security standards which must be followed by all organizations handling major cards. If your business is identified as being responsible for multiple instances of credit card fraud, the branded credit card companies will impose large fines on your operation and it may impact your ability to process future credit card transactions.
If a privacy breach were to impact your business today, are you confident you have the coverage you need to pay for the response expenses and support services necessary to help you restore your customers’ trust and the reputation of your business?
Make sure you’re protected. Ask your broker about adding Aviva’s Privacy Breach coverage to complement your Commercial General Liability policy.
These free, downloadable information sheets are filled with tips and best practices designed to help you manage your business more efficiently and protect it from potential hazards and accidents.
Find out more in "Your Guide to":
- Fleet Management Basics
- Fleet Management - The Driver
- Fleet Management - The Vehicle
- Fleet Management - The Journey
- MVRs and Driver Screening
- Potting Soil Fires
- Surge Protection
- Burglary Protection
- Bed Bug Control
- Managing Sprinkler Systems
- Winterizing Your Business
- BBQ Safety
- Lightning Protection
- Insuring Your Building
- Preventing Legionnaires disease
- Managing the risk of water damage to electrical equipment
- Spontaneous combustion risk management
- Dust control in your manufacturing or warehouse facility
- Commercial food service fire risk management
- Detecting water leaks