Comprehensive insurance for warehouse, transportation and logistics businesses
As a business owner, your time is valuable. Aviva’s insurance solutions let you focus on your business and have peace of mind knowing your commercial assets are protected.
Feel secure knowing that you’re getting insurance designed to meet the special needs and risks of your business. Whether your operations include incidental third party logistics, inventory management, transloading, packaging or other warehousing services, Aviva provides customized coverage for a wide range of businesses within the warehousing, transportation and logistics sector. Plus, we monitor the industry to providing you with the latest features available.
You can work with your insurance broker to customize the right coverage for your business.
Get the full package – Aviva’s Prime Warehousing with optional enhancements – or choose select coverage. Speak to your broker today to learn more.
A comprehensive package designed specifically for warehousing companies, Prime Warehousing has all the protection you need – in a single, easy-to-manage warehousing insurance policy. You’ll be covered by unique protection such as:
- Blanket property coverage
- Coverage for pollution clean-up on your premises and functional replacement cost for building and equipment
- Warehouseman’s Legal Liability coverage, to protect property of others held by you under a warehouseman’s receipt (which also provides additional protection for newly acquired locations and unspecified locations you use to store your clients property, unpaid storage charges and defence costs in the event of law suits or claims).
- Logistical services coverage, including protection for your customer’s goods in transit, as well as temporary terminal location, freight charges and debris removal
- Losses caused by temperature changes, infestation and/or contamination
- Seasonal increases of stock in your warehouse
- Loss of business income
- And much more
Some businesses have more risk than others for example, professionally managed trucking companies. If you’re in the business of transporting goods, we’ve got the experience to provide you with the right risk management insurance coverage such as:
- Packaged protection that includes coverage for automobiles, cargo and commercial general liability
- Optional property and equipment breakdown insurance
- Any distance (short, medium or long), including trips to the U.S.
- Up to $5 million in coverage
- Cargo limits that cover the majority of cargo and contractual obligations
Get the right protection for your commercial or fleet vehicles with commercial auto insurance from Aviva. From a single utility van to a fleet of trucks, you can get customized protection that gives you and your drivers peace of mind when out on the roads.
Accidents, property damage and lawsuits can be devastating to your business. Make sure you’re protected with property and liability insurance for unbeatable coverage and service when the unexpected happens. Standard protection includes:
- Property insurance: protect your business from accidents causing property damage, losses or injury to a third party. Includes standard coverage for loss due to fire, theft or vandalism and covers the cost to rebuild or repair business property.
- Coverage for stock spoilage
- Lost or reduced business income protection until your business returns to normal in the event of an insured loss (includes certain business-related fees and fines, off premises utilities, contingent business interruption for your suppliers, restricted access negative publicity and more).
- Commercial general liability insurance: to protect your business if you’re found legally liable for injuries or property damage caused by your product, employees or operation.
We make it simple to protect your business with our customized insurance solutions, whether you purchase select coverage or coverage as part of a package. Ask your broker for more details.
As a warehousing or transportation company, equipment breakdowns can bring your business to a halt. Available separately or as part of a package, equipment breakdown insurance can cover your business for:
- Electrical arcing
- Rupture and cracking
- Reefer breakdown
- Mechanical breakdown
- Ammonia contamination
We can also provide coverage for your production machinery at your request.
This coverage can be built right into Aviva’s Prime Warehousing insurance package or is available separately. Speak to your broker today about equipment breakdown coverage from Aviva.
Privacy breaches can impact businesses of all sizes. If your operation’s sensitive, protected or confidential data is intentionally or unintentionally released, lost or exposed, you may have to spend significant time and money resolving the situation and restoring your credibility and reputation.
Consider what you would do in the event of a privacy breach impacting:
- Employee information: Sensitive or personal data including background checks, credit related information and employee records, current or past employees and staffing companies.
- Cargo information related to:
- GPS tracking information: This data can be used to carry out crimes such as theft of cargo. Truck drivers are also vulnerable since this information can show how far away they are from home, exposing them to the risk of a theft taking place at their property.
- Shared information: Driver and load information is available through various cargo shipping organizations which can track personal driver information, such as background check data, credit information, employee records including a home address. This sensitive data coupled with the knowing a driver’s location, creates a potential risk of theft of the cargo, burglary at driver’s home or both.
If a privacy breach were to impact your business today, are you confident you have the coverage you need to pay for the response expenses and support services necessary to help you restore your customers’ trust and the reputation of your business?
Make sure you’re protected. Ask your broker about adding Aviva’s Privacy Breach coverage to complement your Commercial General Liability policy.
These free, downloadable information sheets are filled with tips and best practices designed to help you manage your business more efficiently and protect it from potential hazards and accidents.
Find out more in "Your Guide to":
- Fleet Management Basics
- Fleet Management - The Driver
- Fleet Management - The Vehicle
- Fleet Management - The Journey
- MVRs and Driver Screening
- Surge Protection
- Propane: Handling and Safety
- Managing Sprinkler Systems
- Three-Phase Power Protection
- Winterizing Your Business
- Lightning Protection
- Insuring Your Building
- Preventing Legionnaires disease
- Lead Acid Battery Safety
- Managing the risk of water damage to electrical equipment
- Unoccupied premises risk management
- Dust control in your manufacturing or warehouse facility