The right address for your insurance
As a building owner or property manager, you have a lot to take care of – especially in a competitive real estate market. Enjoy peace of mind and confidence knowing your assets are protected with realty insurance from Aviva. Choose from the full package or choose specific options based on your needs. No matter what you choose, you’ll get the right protection for your business.
Aviva's Prime Realty insurance package delivers comprehensive, all-in-one protection specific to the realty industry such as:
- Broad form protection for your buildings and contents, including computers and software
- Rental income protection
- Extensions to cover newly acquired property
- A mortgage rate guarantee
- Guaranteed building replacement and more
To learn more about the specialized insurance coverage offered through Aviva's Prime Realty program, download the brochure or speak to your insurance broker today.
For condominium associations, we offer Directors and Officers liability coverage to protect your board of directors as they manage the affairs of the condominium corporation.
Some building owners and property managers have more complex risks than others, for example, you may own or manage buildings or properties in the U.S. If so, you may require complex or special risk insurance to handle your specific needs. Aviva can help thanks to a dedicated group of underwriting and risk management professionals.
Not sure if you need a complex risk solution? Speak to your broker about our complex risk solutions if your business meets any of these criteria:
- Your business makes more than $100 million in revenue and at least 25% of this revenue is generated by U.S. sales
- You own a Canadian company and you own physical property in the U.S. that requires property insurance
- You need to provide security, such as a letter of credit, to cover a large deductible
A new building envelope represents a significant investment of time and money. Aviva recognizes the importance of protecting this investment for the long term. Whether you are maintaining a condominium or a commercial property, building envelope renovation insurance gives you peace of mind knowing your renovator has the capability and credentials to complete your project.
To learn more about building envelope renovation insurance coverage, call 604-574-6139.
If you belong to a condominium corporation responsible for managing your building and its maintenance requirements, be sure you’re equipped with the Maintenance Operations Program (MOP).
MOP is designed to provide you with the tools to successfully maintain your building and with a variety of services available, you can customize your program as it relates to your building needs. With MOP, you will benefit from:
- Annual evaluations
- Depreciation and reserve fund reports
- Physical component inventory
- Financial forecasting
- Maintenance planning and budgeting tools
To learn more, contact a MOP specialist at 604-574-6435.
Protect your business from the devastating impact of accidents, property damage or legal action. Enjoy peace of mind with commercial property or liability insurance from Aviva and be prepared for the unexpected with:
- Property insurance: to protect your physical assets such as building, stock, equipment and computers, including equipment removed from your premises (e.g. at a client’s business, temporarily in transit). It includes standard coverage for loss due to fire, theft or vandalism and covers the cost to rebuild or repair business property.
- Commercial general liability insurance: to protect your business if you’re found legally liable for injuries or property damage caused by your employees, completed work or accidents on your premises involving visitors or customers, or at your customer’s location.
Whether you have a single car or fleet of commercial vehicles you rely on your vehicles every day. Get the protection they need with commercial auto insurance from Aviva. This coverage is completely customizable, so you and your broker can create the right protection based on your needs.
Don’t let equipment breakdown set your business back – get the benefit of equipment breakdown coverage from Aviva.
A valuable offering which must be added to basic commercial insurance policies, this protection gives you some of the broadest coverage available in the market, and protects your business in case of electrical arcing, mechanical breakdown, rupture and cracking.
Equipment breakdown insurance is available as part of Prime Realty or on its own. Speak to your broker today about including it on your policy.
Privacy breaches can impact businesses of all sizes. If your company’s sensitive, protected or confidential data is intentionally or unintentionally released, lost or exposed, you may have to spend significant time and money resolving the situation and restoring your credibility and reputation.
Consider what you would do in the event of a privacy breach impacting:
- Access to sensitive information: There’s a risk that employees could misuse, steal, or practice poor behavior when it comes to the protection of your realty operation’s data. For example, the concierge, building manager or even office personnel could mishandle information from tenant applications which may include credit report information and background check details.
- Improper data protection: The amount of data in a realty operation varies. Detailed data for potential, current and past tenants is often kept on file and if the proper privacy measures are not in place, there’s a risk of a breach.
If a privacy breach were to impact your business today, are you confident you have the coverage you need to pay for the response expenses and support services necessary to help you restore your customers’ trust and the reputation of your business?
Make sure you’re protected. Ask your broker about adding Aviva’s Privacy Breach coverage to complement your Commercial General Liability policy.
These free, downloadable information sheets are filled with tips and best practices designed to help you manage your business more efficiently and protect it from potential hazards and accidents.
Find out more in "Your Guide to":
- Potting Soil Fires
- Surge Protection
- Bed Bug Control
- Propane: Handling and Safety
- Water Damage: Condos and Apartments
- Managing Sprinkler Systems
- Three-Phase Power Protection
- Hoarding Issues
- Winterizing Your Business
- Bio Fireplace Safety
- BBQ Safety
- Lightning Protection
- Insuring Your Building
- Maintaining a safe place of worship
- Preventing Legionnaires disease
- Protecting places of worship from lightning damage
- Managing the risk of water damage to electrical equipment
- Unoccupied premises risk management
- Commercial food service fire risk management
- Detecting water leaks
- Managing a damaged fire sprinkler head
- Managing hot work
- Hot Work Permit