April 19, 2017 (Toronto, ON) – Today, Aviva Canada released its 2016 Public Accountability Statement, which includes the following highlights:
- over $1.8 million in corporate contributions to charitable organizations across the country
- over $122,000 and 5,300 volunteer hours contributed to more than 700 charities by Aviva Canada employees
- another $1 million awarded from the annual Aviva Community Fund bringing total donations to over $7.5 million to more than 250 charities and community groups nationwide since 2009
- a first of its kind in Canada Plan & Protect app launched in partnership with the Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction – an emergency preparedness app to help Canadians prepare for unforeseen weather events and natural disasters
- the largest corporate volunteer response in the Canadian Red Cross Alberta Fires relief efforts, and generously contributed to the distribution of $50 million in immediate financial assistance – the largest and fastest transfer of emergency funds in Canadian Red Cross history
- Aviva Canada was humbled to be recognized in 2016 with The Burns & Wilcox Award for Philanthropy & Community Service
2016 was a banner year for Aviva Canada in their community investment, digital innovation, partnerships, and strong commitment to disaster risk reduction. Aviva Canada is honoured to serve millions of Canadian customers and actively support the communities Canadians live and work in.
Click here to see highlights of Aviva Canada’s 2016 Public Accountability Statement.
Aviva Canada Inc. is one of the leading property and casualty insurance groups in the country, providing home, automobile, leisure/lifestyle and business insurance to more than three million customers. A wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc, the company has more than 4,000 employees focused on creating a bright and sustainable future for their customers and communities.
Aviva Canada invests in positive change through the Aviva Community Fund, Canada’s longest running online community funding competition, which has awarded $7.5 million to over 250 charities and community groups nationwide since its inception in 2009. Aviva Canada was the first insurer to become a national corporate partner of the Canadian Red Cross’ Ready When the Time Comes program, to be there for Canadians when disaster strikes. With a strong commitment to prevention and protection, the company has partnered with the Institute for Catastrophic Loss Reduction, and launched the Plan & Protect app, to help Canadians prepare for unforeseen weather events and natural disasters. In 2016, the company was announced as a winner of The Burns & Wilcox Award for Philanthropy & Community Service. At Aviva Canada, protecting the people and things you love, supporting the causes you care about most and strengthening your local community is just good thinking.
PR Specialist, Aviva Canada
Desk: (416) 288-6780, Cell: (647) 208-7523